Date: June 7, 2010 to July 2, 2010
Venue: Ottawa, Canada
“Information on the 2010 International Program for Development Evaluation Training is now available at www.ipdet.org and on-line registration is open.
This year marks IPDET’s tenth-year anniversary and we are very excited by the way this year’s program is taking shape. Once again this year, the Core program will offer eighty hours of instruction and learning in the fundamentals of development evaluation. Participants will also have more than 25 workshops to choose from in the two weeks that follow the Core, including several dynamic new workshops that will be of interest to you and your organization:
- Building Evaluation within Ministries: Lessons Learned and Best Practices in Industrialized and Developing Countries— taught by Frederic Martin, co-president of the Institute for Development in Economics and Administration
- Assessing Program Impacts When a Statistical Evaluation Design Is Not Possible– taught by Michael Bamberger, consultant and author; and Frans Leeuw, professor, University of Maastricht and director, National Justice Research Center at the Hague
- Evaluating Humanitarian Assistance, taught by John Cosgrave and Margie Buchanan-Smith, both experienced consultants and evaluators of international humanitarian aid
- Improving Performance Assessment, Evaluation, and Learning in Foundations and Not-for-Profit Grant-Making Organizations, taught by Nancy McPherson, director of evaluation, Rockefeller Foundation and Phil Buchanan, president of the Center for Effective Philanthropy
- Governance, Corruption and Development Evaluation: Role of Indicators and Empirical Tools by Dani Kaufman, Senior Fellow, Global Economy and Development program, Brookings Institution
Applicants can attend from one to four weeks. Participants have told us that they want the workshops to be longer and more in-depth, so this year we have increased the duration of many of the workshops. In addition to intensive learning in large and small groups, the program will be packed with special guest speakers, networking events, simulations with guest evaluation specialists, participant roundtables, poster board sessions and more.
Visit the website for more information about the program and our outstanding group of world-class instructors drawn from four different continents. Stay tuned as we will be posting more information about IPDET’s 10th year anniversary events as it becomes available.
Applicants: Note that you must register on the IPDET website www.ipdet.org before you can log in and access the on-line application form. If you experience difficulties with the application process, contact Mary Dixon, the IPDET Registrar, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For scholarships: March 19, 2010
All applications: May 10, 2010
IPDET is a collaboration of the Independent Evaluation Group of the World Bank and Carleton University. A limited number of scholarships is available, thanks to the generous support of several donor organizations.”