The “Rick on the Road” blog is where I write on specific issues M&E issues that are of interest to me.
The list of the most recent “Rick on the Road” editorial postings:
- Another perspective on the uses of control groups
- An example application of Decision Tree models
- My problem with RCTs
- Evolutionary strategies for complex environments
- AusAID’s ‘Revitalising Indonesia’s Knowledge Sector for Development Policy’ program
- Open source evaluation – the way forward?
- Representing different combinations of causal conditions
- A perspective on “Value for Money” relationships
- Data mining algorithms as evaluation tools
- Criteria for assessing the evaluability of Theories of Change
- Can we evolve explanations of observed outcomes?
- Modular Theories of Change: A means of coping with diversity and change?
- Evaluation questions: Managing agency, bias and scale
- Evaluation quality standards: Theories in need of testing?
- Relative rather than absolute counterfactuals: A more useful alternative?
- Evaluation methods looking for projects or projects seeking appropriate evaluation methods?
- Models and reality: Dialogue through simulation
- A submission to the UK Independent Commission for Aid Impact (ICAI)
Readers may also be interested in
- The Rick’s Methods page on this site
- Rick Davies’ comments on other websites and blogs [in process]
- See also Evaluating Katine